Absolute Beginner's GuideBook - 2013
Provides step-by-step instructions for the Windows 8.1 operating system, including managing files and folders, personalization, security and privacy, and organizing photos and music.
Make the most of your new Windows 8.1 device–without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to take control of Windows 8.1, and use it tocreate, connect, and discover…simplify and organize your whole life…learn more,play more, do more, live better! This book shows you how to do what you want,the way you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Windows has never,ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple Windows 8.1 could be?
This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to using your new Windows 8.1 desktop, notebook, or tablet…simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want to do! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Run Windows the way that’s easiest for you: mouse, touch,
• Make the most of the Charms Bar and other new shortcuts
• Get online with Internet Explorer® 11 and master its new tools
• Retrieve up-to-the-minute news, sports, weather, and financial data
• Set up your home network, printer, and other devices
• Safeguard your personal information and keep it private
• Enjoy all your digital photos, videos, movies, and music
• Easily connect with anyone through email and the People app
• Discover and play new Windows 8.1 games
• Control your Xbox from Windows with Xbox® SmartGlass™
• Manage even the most gigantic collections of data and media
• Automatically back up your data to the cloud
• Fix problems, protect against malware, and keep Windows working reliably